Whether you are hunting out in summer or winter, there are a few essentials you can never imagine an adventure without. These must-have hunting gears are meant to make your trip secure, comfortable and successful. With so many brands of apparel and gears, you might be overwhelmed. However, you should know which gears are suitable for your safety and comfort. You must learn how to identify the appropriate apparels according to your preference and requirements.
(pics from grandviewoutdoors)
1. It should be comfortable wearing and protect you from the weather conditions like wind, snow, rain.
2. It should add on to your safety against unwanted injury.
3. It should facilitate you and offer a successful hunting experience.
Understand the Purpose of Your Hunting Wear
You need a specific hunting wear to go with specific hunt setting. For example; for an all-night hunting trip, you would need warm, waterproof attire with a comfortable pair of hunting boots. For cold weather hunting, you need woolen wears as well as white camouflage. In a hunting season, you must wear bright safety wears so that other hunters can identify you. So, identify what kind of hunting it is, then determine the purpose of your hunting wear.
There are various technologies available to serve your various hunting purposes like scent blocking, water-resistant, weatherproof, camouflage. What is your purpose?
• Scent blocking wear – You can alert the large game animals from your normal body-odor, perspiration or even from your breaths. If you want to get close to them, then you need this to cover your scent.
• Waterproof wear – If you are hunting aquatic animals or hunting in wet winters, you need to be waterproof. It is generally made of Gore-Tex or Dry-Plus fabrics.
• Weatherproof wear - Made with specially designed materials like neoprene, or high-quality polyester fabrics can absorb in your body moisture. Thereafter, it evaporates out into the air.
• Camouflage apparel – It allows you to blend into the hunting environment, ditch the preys’ keen eyes and get a closer shot. Generally, they are patterned according to the hunting atmosphere like white for hunting in the snow while green-brown camouflaging patterns in the forest environment.
Important Items of Hunting Apparel
a. Base Layer - Long pants, long sleeve shirts made with breathable fabric.
b. Mid Layer – Shirts or sweaters preferably made with fleece material that traps your body temperature. You can remove these layers if the weather is warm.
c. Outer layer - Hunting jacket, hunting pants, suits. It should be tough, durable, waterproof and warm.
d. Warm hats, woolen gloves for hunting in colder temperature.
e. Lightweight hunting hat to protect you from the sun for hunting in hot and humid weather.
f. Polyester socks – It should be breathable and warm. It should wick the moisture.
Never head out in a T-shirt and shorts. Always dress up in skin-friendly long pants and tops. Go for layering. You can add or remove some depending on the temperature and your comfort. Check out the department stores selling hunting apparels, or an online store. But, don’t forget to research before you pay for it.